Aims and Objectives
- To be a voice for current, ex and stabilising users.
- The provision of increased, accessible and fair services.
- To be a voice for current and ex users and those marginalised by inaccessibility to services.
- To provide and develop active dialogue between service users, the Western Regional Drugs Task Force and Service Providers.
- For Service Users to work through concerns, comments and complaints they may have about an agency.
- To become actively involved in policy making decisions in the Western Region area, which affect people involved in substance misuse.
- To provide a forum for agencies to inform and consult with Service Users.
- To establish links with other Service User groups in Ireland to act as a collective voice on behalf of ex / current users.
- To be involved in the training of professionals regarding attitudes, (to think differently about users).
- Referrals to other services
- To be non judgmental.
Our Future Goal
- Our long term goal is to establish a drop in centre in Galway City Area.